The Gordon Institute
The Gordon Institute has been at the forefront of architecture in the city, and that is evident today with their new campus at East Geelong. Their original footprint in the Geelong’s city has some fine examples of beautiful architecture from times gone by.
The oldest building is the red brick building with high detailed fine stucco works. Known as the Davidson Hall and Administration Building, it was designed by Alexander Davidson and was constructed in 1887. The building dates back to 1888 as a technical college for mechanical drawing, architecture and languages.
Built in 1928, the T E Bostock Memorial Building is located on the corner of Fenwick Street and Railway Terrace. Designed style by architectural firm Laird and Buchan, the building features a classical revival design that complements the Geelong Town Hall and other buildings in the precinct.
The magnificent Textile College featuring its gorgeous art deco lines is one of Geelong’s finest examples of Art Deco architecture. Built between 1944 and 1951, the building was designed by Percy Everett who also designed the old Geelong Courthouse, Sailor’s Rest and Geelong Peace Memorial. This striking white rendered building sits in Railway Terrace next to the overhead railway line.